Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Valley-Climbing

  • Our weekend doesn't even sound real -- Micaiah got RSV, a highly-contagious viral infection in the airway mainly affecting two-year-olds (coughing, hoarseness, labored breathing, vomit, steam treatments, ginger baths, constant monitoring, little sleep, doctor's office); I completed my miscarriage (A LOT of blood, dehydration, a short labor, a long trip to the ER to get an ultrasound verifying my now empty uterus - YAY, even less sleep); Ricky had expedited transcripts to do this very weekend, of course, and didn't have sufficient time to finish them and is still playing catch-up -- okay, he is way sleep-deprived by now! However, we are all on the mend and heading back in a normal direction. This all happened after my mom leaves but before my friend came, of course. So, we elicited a sweet friend to leave her family and come over and HELP US in our time of urgent need (thank God for you!).
  • Aolani antic: after you tell her to do something, she conveys her (dis)approval by telling you "that's a great idea" or "that's not my idea" ;)
  • Meant to mention this a few weeks ago, but Micaiah is no longer nursing. My nursing days are over (as of now).
Watching the snow; we had about 2" this morning, but it's melting quickly. At least Ricky got to work from home today.
Playing a family flashlight game
  • I finished memorizing the section of Colossians 3 that I wanted to memorize for Avalynn. I think it's back to random verses for a while. Verse to memorize this week: Jeremiah 2:13 For My people have committed two evils: they have forsaken Me, the Fountain of living waters, and they have hewn for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns which cannot hold water.