Sunday, January 12, 2014

Seeking for a Promised Something

I did not call the descendants of Jacob [to a fruitless service], saying, Seek Me for nothing [but I promised them a just reward]. ~ Isaiah 45:19, Amplified Bible

This is how I have been thanking God (and thus enjoying Him) all week.

Because He did not tell us to seek Him... just to receive nothing in return. By no means!

If we seek Him, He promises to be found -- now! He promises to draw near to us in return -- on this present earth!

And, while I eagerly look forward to the eternal rewards he additionally promises those who seek Him, I am also trying to ever-so diligently thank Him for the present gifts He offers me for seeking Him. Actually, all gifts -- here gifts, there gifts, here and there gifts, now gifts, not yet gifts, now and not yet gifts.

The LORD did not say, "Seek Me for nothing," but keeps giving, giving, giving...