Saturday, January 18, 2014

Searching for God

Someone recently commented about searching for God. [Whenever I hear that I think of U2's song, I still haven't found what I'm looking for.] And, while I have often heard that from many people over the years, I usually become pensive and my mind starts racing. However, this time a clear thought quickly surfaced.

Why do people go searching for God when we know exactly where to find Him? If God is the Word (Jn. 1:1), then just read the Bible (for those who have access to one and are literate, of course) -- for that is where we can find Him and know Him. His primary way of revealing Himself to us is through Scripture.

(Granted Scripture often needs to be explained to us for a fuller understanding -- that's why we, Christ's body and empowered by His Spirit, are here! To preach, teach, and reach :) )