Thursday, January 9, 2014

A New Year Unfolds

  • Well, I am home and trying to get back to it after a two weeks of relaxing and playing ;) [decluttering, rearranging, organizing, making lists, ordering, cleaning, undecorating, schooling, budgeting and many other computer tasks...]
  • First, I will say that my homemade advent activity calendar was a nice break from homeschool, and I hope to do that and take the month of December off from schooling every year to come -- to just slow, read more, and focus more on this time of joyful and hopeful waiting.
  • Vacation happenings: The Hobbit 2, having a sore throat, too much white sugar, board games (new and old), my annual puzzle, a real livestock nativity viewing, gift-giving, church service, a rope swing, snow, a Christmas lights park-show-thing, Harlem Globetrotters, a to-do list (of course!), finished my Attitude of Gratitude page of counting and listing 1000 gifts on the blog... and other mini-celebrations ;)
  • We return home. Two mornings later, Micaiah wakes, nurses, and walks into the main room, lays down on the floor, and falls back asleep. We return him to his crib, and... we have to wake him up at 2:15 that afternoon! He slept almost 17 hours (missed church)!
  • My mom is back, which still feels like a novelty to us :)
  • Health update: My foot is still out-turned from the peroneal nerve spasm, which is annoying and somewhat painful. My placenta is slowly still expelling -- odd, I know. So, my fertility still has not returned. And, I have been taking the particulates for 10 weeks now -- no big, noticeable changes just an increase in overall well-being and physical strength. I hear it's a slow process. That's okay; I'm not in a hurry. I'm going nowhere ;)
Making our handprint wrapping paper


Paper-plate angel
Uncle Robby
making Jesus' birthday coffee cake




Four DiMartino men
I don't think age is a factor



The Blessed Hope -- finished the night before we left :)
  • Verse to memorize this week: Colossians 3:16 ~ Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.