- A lot has been happening... summer! Last week we finished swim lessons; the kids loved them! Besides our normal, Aolani had her first spiritual birthday (pizza/movie night, homemade ice-cream, gift bracelet to support the Yezidi women in northern Iraq); Ricky had job testing one day in SC; we had two friends over for dinner and games; Ricky had to do continuing education in SC on Saturday making for a long day (the kids had a pajama day, Micaiah napped all day on the couch from some feverish sickness that made him vomit once and not eat just this one day, and Aolani and I cleaned, cooked, played, did science, watched a movie...); we had some out-of-town friends briefly stop by Sunday morning before church, and then we crashed!
- I'll begin schooling on Monday, August 1st. Our past three weeks of summer break have included: daily prayer and cleaning, art, baking, science experiments (they love them!), reading, games, gifts, puzzles, and lots of free play ;)
- So far this week, we had Ricky's guys' night here, went to the free summer movie at the theater yesterday morning, had some friends and his Scottish in-laws come to stay the night for a short visit (yay for the air mattress which allows us to sleep 5 guests total ;), and are preparing for Ricky's dad and brother to arrive tomorrow for a weekend visit.
- Micaiah's mishaps: revealed to us, "I have fighting dreams because I like to fight. Boys do that"; commented, "That's difficultish..."; and told us, "I'm allergic to hot!"
- Aolani's antics: says she can now doggie paddle, hold her breath underwater, and float on her back and tummy; and, can now tie a bow beautifully :)
I took away mandatory nap time, and this is the frequent result ;)
playing a board game with a neighbor
The day he got sick -- asleep on the couch by 11am, hmmm...
taught her to play checkers, and she loves it!
showing off her bling
- Summer verse for this week: Psalm 63:1 ~ O God, You are my God. Earnestly I seek You. My soul thirsts for You. My body longs for You. In this dry and weary land where there is no water.
- Verse to memorize this week: 2 Corinthians 4:15 ~ All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.