- Our weekend consisted of a sweet but brief visit from my paternal aunts, throwing a baby shower for a dear friend (more below), Family Movie night, a game night with another friend, church, and hosting our small group -- a little exhausting!
- This week has been very busy for me -- preparing and organizing for the month of November. However, I was honored to be a guest on the Root Cause Radio show this past Wednesday (I start ~9 mins) :)
- The other night, Micaiah prayed for Donald, Mickey Mouse, and Goofy ;)
- The kids and I battled small colds this week, which means more screen time than usual. At least we kept up with our schooling. Aolani is helping me do learning activities with Micaiah twice a week, and she really enjoys being the teacher ;)
Helping Daddy put together a shoe rack
Aolani did so well with this Tree Tops game, where she had to match the lower case letters with the upper case ones (materials: Sharpie, scissors, brown and green construction paper).
- Baby shower details: It was for a girlfriend in our small group. We have a small house, so we celebrated at another lady's home. The order of events: mingle/eat, games, gifts, and a prayer time. The ladies in our group (and a few others) brought the food (hors d'oeuvres, salad, treat, muffins, cake, fruit, cookies, tea). I collected money from our church body, bought her small registry, and gave her the rest of the money in cash. I also did a cloth diaper cake (with this topper), plain white onesies (3 different sizes) for the women to draw on at the shower, and printed off the mommy-to-be's prayer requests to roll up and put in booties in a basket. I prepared three games: Pin the Baby on the Mommy, Sloppy Diaper Relay, and Tinkle in the Pot (I was asked not to share pictures). It was very nice, fun, and special!
- Aolani went with me to the shower, but Micaiah stayed with Ricky. After nap time, they joined some guys for frisbee golf. I also got the Daddy a present, which Ricky gave him during this time :)
Aolani playing Pin the Baby on the Mommy :)
with the Mommy-to-be, Charis
- School verse: James 5:8 ~ Be patient and stand firm because the LORD's coming is near. [patience]
- Verse to memorize this week: James 1:17 ~ Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.