Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Blood, Bones, Bedtime, and Books

  • Our schedules are picking back up somewhat -- flea market, cooking dinner for some friends, doctor appointment, small group, Rick had an all-day conference yesterday...
  • I have (finally) begun bleeding this week and am still going...
  • We went to our family doctor for a foot problem I've been having. I thought a blister had formed on the bottom of my right sole, but the doctor said that was not the case. He thought that two of my bones had slipped out of joint and that the pain I felt if there was any pressure on it was from standing on the bone. Anyway, he wants me to see a podiatrist for it -- appointment is next Friday. We are going to make a cushion for it in the meantime.
  • Aolani was still drenching her diaper at night; however, I figured she's three-and-a-half and doesn't need diapers at night. So, I told her once the diapers were gone, she could use a few pull-ups that we had. Then, I told her three things once the pull-ups came out. One, she could get up to potty if she needed to at night. Two, Daddy will take you to the potty right before he gets in bed (between 11 p.m. and midnight usually). Three, if she doesn't pee in her pull-up after seven nights in a row, then she can wear panties to bed. Ten nights of pull-ups, peed in them once (when Ricky did not take her potty one night; so not really her fault), starts panties tonight! She is so proud of herself ;) Why ever did I wait this long? She was very ready for this. [We have learned that Ricky must take her potty once at night to avoid any accidents.]
  • After we would watch one book together before her nap, she would always ask to watch another one. My answer always depended on time; yes was the common answer. However, if my answer was not what she wanted to hear (no), then she would throw a fit and scream and other negative behavior. I fixed that by telling her that if she could not accept no graciously and throws a tantrum, then she will automatically not get to watch a book the next day. It took a few weeks for her to figure out the cause-effect, but she's got it now :)
  • Sorry for the lack of photos this week. This 30-second video is not that special, so skip it if you are short on time.
  • Verse to memorize this week: Colossians 3:7 ~ You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.