Sunday, January 6, 2013

Confessions

  1. Sleeping in: So most mornings after I nurse both kids and wake my hubby (not easy), Ricky gets up with them and (graciously) lets me sleep another hour or more. This way I manage to sleep an average of 7-8 hours a night. Getting a late start on the day is not fun. When I do get up with them, I get so much more done. I feel productive and with it, but I also feel tired and shaky. When I sleep in, I don't go around lethargic, lying my head down on tables/cribs. I may not feel very efficient or like a good Proverbs 31 woman, but I do feel more rested and alert. And, I think taking care of my physical health is best for the well-being of my family. {Plus, it is good for the kids to have some alone/quality time with just Daddy. We have tried early to bed, early to rise. However, when we arise before they do, their bodies must subconsciously know it (from room-sharing), and they wake an hour earlier in the morning!}
  2. Resolutions: Ricky likes to celebrate the Twelve Days of Christmas which ends today, Epiphany. Our decorations and cards come down tomorrow. So, I have not given New Years much thought, yet. Basically, though, I just want to add a little more structure back into my days -- more set times to rest, 20-30 minutes a day to read a book, a structured devotional time (less haphazard), less sugar-intake (what are resolutions without a dietary one?), and... two marital ones, yet untried. One, I want to let the thankfulness flow out of mouth by thanking Ricky every time he does something for any of us (I'll let you know when my first attempt occurs). Two, I am starting to hand over the reigns of controlling the family's time-schedule. I figure it's better for the kids to see my submission and our unity than for me to get all worked up trying to make us on time for appointments or getting them to bed on time. {Here are some other marital resolutions I've done: 1, 2, 3, 4.}Most importantly, I do have plans for carrying out each mini-resolution. They are not just wishes. He who fails to plan, plans to fail.
  3. Sick: After my kids have been battling viruses, colds, coughs... I woke up this morning with a sore throat (which disappeared after oil-pulling... weird, I know), a runny nose, and feeling plain tired. It's not a bad, immobilizing illness, but I hope it is short-lived!