Thursday, December 30, 2010

Not Gone With The Wind!


I'm going to share a few of my resolutions for the new year. They are: not quantifiable, possibly unrealistic, and definitely revealing. Oh well.

I do want to set this up a little by making a confession.

I wrote these down months ago. Not to tackle in 2011, but right then. I pushed back the big day (you know, the day that you begin) a day, a week, a month, and now here I am. With my list. I feel like Scarlett O'Hara -- "I'll think about that tomorrow." I am not typically a procrastinator, but we all put off some things, right? I kept thinking about the day I die, which could be tomorrow. Wouldn't I rather die amidst the process rather than not having even started yet? I guess that thought still wasn't enough of a motivation because I still put the big day off. I was and am scared. I think because I know how bad I am going to stink at keeping any of them. But, the timing is too perfect, I need accountability, and I am tired of seeing the list every day!

Without further ado...
  1. When I get frustrated, I must pause and verbally give thanks for one thing (pertaining to that situation)
  2. If I ever resort to name-calling (not really the mature, loving, respectful way to fight!), I must speak a positive remark
  3. Since Ricky and I tend to air some of our grievances during bathtime, I must begin and end each shower with a smile and a kiss
  4. Although we are exhausted by the time we reach the bed, I would really like to pray together for just a few minutes before crashing
  5. When Ricky returns from work, I want to give him the first 10 minutes upon arriving home to relax before bombarding him with the honey-do list

Impossible goals for this frail and broken soul, but I get to plunge the depths of grace for healing, covering, and help. Thank You, Jesus!