Thursday, January 31, 2013

Words Abound

  • I have no pictures to share this week as my camera card fell apart (literally) taking it out of my camera.
  • We got a new toilet last week. Hallelujah for johns that flush!
  • Oh, and Ricky's parents got me a Kindle for Christmas, and, oh man, it really is a lot easier for me to read on it (due to dexterity issues like holding the book up and open and turning pages). It is the way to go for me!
  • That reminds me that I was going to share what we gave for presents. Well, for all of our friends and extended family, we gave Voice of the Martyrs' prayer calendars that gives daily prayer requests for the Persecuted Church. For the few women that come by every week or so to help me clean, I made homemade vanilla extract (super-easy). For our extended families, we treated each side to a trip out to a self-serve frozen yogurt joint (something fun, special, and that fosters relationship). There were a few others, but that was the general gist.
  • Aolani's antics: tells me when she yawns and is really tired, daily comments "Awww, baby so cute", made a play grilled cheese sandwich and put it on a plate and covered it with a napkin and stuck it in the fridge for Uncle Robby, yelled out the window when Daddy pulled in the driveway late one night "Daddy, I still love you", calls Micaiah "Makaya" versus the real pronunciation of "Mckaya", it is still "Good morning" all day, her three favorite phrases right now are What are you doing? and I'll show you and Listen to me, other oft-repeated phrases: Daddy, I need you to make dinner; Daddy, Mommy is calling you (or is talking to you or needs you)...
  • Micaiah's mishaps: discovered the up and down buttons on the electric recliner, practices standing alone without holding on to anything, and doesn't bend his knees yet when he walks and pushes things ;)
  • While I read in the recliner some evenings while Ricky cooks dinner, Aolani is now climbing into the wheelchair, buckling herself in, unlocking the brakes, and leaning forward to reach the wheels and roll! 
  • Story: [Aolani loves to snack on cheddar bunnies (they are like goldfish). They come in a cardboard box like most snack items. Last weekend her grandpa called her a chatterbox.] Aolani: I'm cheddarbox. Me: You mean chatterbox. Aolani: Nooo. Cheddar bunnies. I'm cheddarbox.
  • Verse to memorize this week: 1 Peter 5:8 ~ Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.