Monday, October 4, 2010

Back In The Groove

  • We returned from FL last Wednesday, and I will post about that trip later when I get pictures together :)
  • Measurements: 17.5 lbs and 26.5" long
  • Aolani is almost about to crawl. She can go a little bit forward and not just backwards now. She frequently gets on all fours and practices moving one limb (leg or arm) while balancing on the other three - so cute ;)
  • Starting last week, she figured out that when I remove the baby bands, it means she is going down for a nap in her crib. She is now grabbing onto the bands to hold them down and not let me remove them from her! She is growing more aware and active by the day. I guess that spells t-r-o-u-b-l-e for Mommy.
  • What reeks of vomit, pee, poop, and blood? A mommy that doesn't change clothes during the day!
  • It is that time of the year - Breast Cancer Awareness Month - and time to proudly don your pink socs! Print Ricky's flyer about the huge link between breast cancer and oral contraceptives (referring to all hormonal birth control) and pass them out. To learn more about oral contraceptves, check out our story here.
  • We treated a dear friend of ours to a delicious restaurant over the weekend. This place serves locally grown food - yum, yum! You can find organic/healthy restaurants in your area here. Anyway, we finally got a family portrait...
She is practicing her scream here - can you tell?!

"You're my brown-eyed girl"
  • Verse to memorize this week: Matthew 11:29 ~ "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."