Monday, July 5, 2010

Mosaic

  • We just now celebrated our third anniversary (May 20) by going to a murder-mystery interactive dinner theatre. The event was Clue! Here we are with Professor Plum. However, Mrs. Peacock did it in the kitchen with the revolver.

  • So, I need your input on two things. First, my friend offered to help me write a book... what do you think? Second, I was brainstorming a few weeks ago about a way to hold Aolani against my body (on my lap) facing out and sitting up. Epiphany hit. A talented seamstress from church agreed to help. After some modifications, I think we got a good product which we have dubbed "Baby Bands." I have several baby wraps/carriers, but none did exactly what I wanted. Mainly, I needed to be able to put her in it myself. The sling is good for babies, but she wants to sit up and face out like a big girl now. Anyway, my arms are free to roll us around, and she is secure (not to mention happy). She loves traveling with Mommy! Simply put, they are stretchy bands that I use as a harness. What I was wondering -- do you think there is any kind of need/market for these bands? This isn't the best shot (as it looks like one band), but here she is... Oh yeah, please email me your thoughts.

  • There is this great website/blog called Passionate Homemaking. It is an answer to my prayers and has really spurred me on to become more intentional in my life as a godly woman, wife and mother. Lately, I am reading through the archives and have created a Mission Statement. I have always thought that it is important to be a good steward of my time and to have goals. This quote from Donald Whitney really hit home, "Even those most faithful to God occasionally need to pause and think about the direction of their lives. It’s so easy to bump along from one busy week to another without ever stopping to ponder where we’re going and where we should be going." "Planners" are constantly getting bashed on, but I think that planning is a gift and a skill that one can use to glorify God! Remember: He who fails to plan, plans to fail.
  • Here is Aolani's new ride, the Babee Tenda Feeding Table. We all just LOVE it! Although I haven't tried yet, I am going to aim at getting her in and out of it myself. It rolls, she can eat in it (not yet), she plays with her toys in it, and she can join us at the dinner table :)
  • Our friend got her a lamb blanket -- personalized with her name! She loves to eat it. So much for being vegetarian ;)

  • Final note: Rumors are going 'round that my new wheelchair is in the making!