Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Who Disturbs My Slumber?

Ricky, I got to pee.

[Nudge, nudge]

Ricky. Seriously. I got to go.

Please, Ricky. PLEASE.

What? What do you want?

I need to use the bathroom.

Why?

Because I got to go. I'm pregnant.

Well, I can't help it if it's Christmas. (Note: this conversation was NOT on Christmas)

Ricky, you're talking in your sleep.

No, I'm not.

Yes, you are. You're delusional again.

No, you are.

[Sigh] Ricky, WAKE UP!

What's your problem?!

I really need to use the bathroom.

I'm sleeping. Can it wait?

No.


Bottom line: This went on EVERY night. For 20 minutes. As of last week, Ricky and I had to start sleeping separately. We were losing so much sleep trying to wake him up to either get up, move, or help me turn over. Yet, sleeping apart still seems so tragic to us. Sleeping together and snuggling is such a joy to us. But, alas, we had to forfeit this treat for better sleep during my final weeks. At least it is just until she arrives.

Note: Ricky only talks to me like this when he is asleep. When Ricky is conscious, he is quite sweet and gentle.

Another note: Now I call him on the cell phone when I need to use the potty. The ring jolts him awake, and he runs to my room very quickly :)