Friday, January 8, 2010

34 Weeks (and Counting)

So, this one is kind of hard to figure out (took us awhile).

The picture is in the correct position for you to see straight on. It is a close up of her face (profile). You can see her forehead, nose, eye, upper lip and then her hand is in the way!

She weighed in at 5 lbs 2 oz (and I was hoping to give birth to a little baby). They said she had a great growth spurt, and she is incredibly healthy. She would constantly wiggle, even though she was in the correct birthing position.

Today a first occurred. I was stretched out on the couch, and my belly started moving (on the outside) like she was making little jabs all over. It was exciting!

We had our first natural childbirth class last weekend and loved it. The classes last for six weeks. There were four couples, including us. One couple is being surprised about the sex and the other two are having boys. They are all due 2-3 months after I am and probably think we're crazy for waiting so long to start class (it's complicated how that happened). We begin to meet with our doula next week.

Now, I have to begin to get ultrasounds every week and go to a million other appointments. I think all the doctors are really milking the situation since I'm labeled "high-risk." It's going to be very hectic for awhile with appointments for the medical world, our "natural childbirth" meetings, regular doctor appointments, and other meetings! Everyday is some appointment. There's even one day loaded with four appointments! If I was still at work, there would be no way I could muster the energy for all these appointments!

Staying home has been such a blessing for me. I am lying down several hours a day to rest. The swelling has gotten better, and the pain in my hips goes away when I stretch out. I feel better overall; all it took was some R & R. The sad part is that Ricky and I miss each other terribly being apart during the day. We had gotten spoiled enjoying each other all day.

Oh, and Aolani sends her love (and a kick).