Monday, January 25, 2010

Showers of Love

We had two baby showers this past month, which were both very different but with the same result: Aolani is already so treasured!

The first one was very small and cozy. It was at my sister-in-law's house (Lindsay is on the left), and she had some fun games to play. A few of our friends came who do not go to our church. My mom prepared most of the food, and our friend (Alli is on the right) did all the decorating and organizing. It was delightful.


This is Ricky's guess at how big around I was. However, I think he either got overzealous, was trying to be funny, or was suggesting that this was how big I "felt" to him. (It is not such a far-cry now!)

This was our church shower. It was beautiful. There were banners for my mom and me to wear. A lady we don't even know made the cake. Our friend, Margie, even made a cloud that reads, "God bless Aolani our 'heavenly cloud.' " Ricky is holding it; it's definitely going up in her room!


One of the highlights was definitely when some of the ladies from our small groups performed a hula-song-and-dance routine just for Aolani.