Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Rolling -- with balls and punches

  • Our new helper had a health emergency last Monday and is out-of-commission indefinitely. So, I had to find friends to fill in last week. We ate dinner with a family from Guatemala last week and hired the two sisters (a little older than me). My friend, Superwoman, took the week off of homeschooling her kids to come over and help train the ladies this week. They came the first two days but no longer want the job. So, back to square one or two or three or four or five!
  • Other events from last week: lunch with some friends (visiting from another state), guys' night here, a free family movie at the theatre one morning, the kids and I found ourselves locked outside during a storm for a couple hours (we had adventures!)... And the weekend included a neighbor girls' birthday party, family movie night, and a very fun visit from Ricky's dad and brother (flea market, fix stuff, picnic, brewery [while I stayed home with kids], bowling alley, pizza out, party/dessert at home, church, lunch in another town) -- see cute video below.
  • We typically Sabbath from Saturday evening until Sunday evening. Sunday nights are full of preparation for us both. I plan homeschool for the week, meal plans, grocery list, what my helpers need to do when, organize laundry, scan house, and thaw food.




  • School verse: Colossians 3:20 C -- Children, obey your parents in everything -- for this pleases the LORD.
  • Verse to memorize this week: Psalm 62:1-2 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.