- Well, the interviewing is over, and we have hired someone -- a woman our age, Wendy (married and has a baby). She is working out great and even exceeding expectations!
- Last week: more interviews, girls from our church came over to play with Aolani and teach her how to crochet (she was too distracted and energetic to learn well), a church gathering at a park, our last trip taking stuff to our new shared storage unit, picnic with our friend Teresa, movie night, church, dinner with friends...
- The kids obedience and self-control, I have found, is always fluctuating. Some days are good, and I think they've out grown this-or-that behavior, and then... well, training kids is constant, hard, and rewarding (not to forget frustrating and exhausting) :)
- This week I have begun schooling both kids (still trying to learn my routine and figure it all out) and training new help (time-consuming but easy).
Picnic in the park
This is Kindergarten Verse Ball Wall
First day of Kindergarten and Preschool (we begin every school day around 9 a.m. with prayer, Bible story, and Scripture memory -- usually while they're eating breakfast)
- School verse: Romans 3:23 ~ A -- All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Verse to memorize this week: Psalm 46:1 ~ God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.