- While last week was full with training Wendy, babysitting neighbor kids, playdates, and beginning a new homeschool year (which I'm still figuring our new schedule, how our days are going to go, what's involved, time it takes to teach and prepare...), I specifically guarded the weekend to relax, breathe, and rest. So, our only "activities" were our normal visits to the grocery store and flea market, church, and pizza/movie night. This week is already turning into a doozy!
- I must say that often when Ricky and I go into our bedroom at night to finally go to sleep, we frequently find some shenanigan -- light on, toys out, toys in bed, suitcases in bed, buried under stuffed animals, kids sleeping tangled up or even on top of each other, kids laying on pillows, kids sleeping in our bed... not like we put them to bed! It's hilarious; I won't share pictures, but we have many ;)
- Aolani told us, "I know how Jesus made us: first He traced us, then He drew us, then He colored us, and then He cut us out!"
As part of our homeschool curriculum, Ricky reads from chapter books to the kids most nights:)
Aolani's drawings -- Sleeping Beauty on a birthday cake (left) and Aolani sitting at the table with some birthday bread (right)
Micaiah drew two fierce, man-eating monsters.
- School verse: Acts 16:31 ~ B -- Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved -- you and your household.
- Verse to memorize this week: Psalm 55:22 ~ Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken.