Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pound for Pound

  • Ricky's parents came for birthday bash #2 over the weekend. Aolani was adamant about wearing the red princess dress, which was actually a dress Ricky's mom's wore when she was a little girl! Anyway, we had a pizza and cupcake party. [Ricky's mom made the cupcakes from the moist and delicious Zucchini and Pumpkin cupcake recipe we had for Micaiah's birthday but with a healthyish cream cheese frosting.] The grandparents got Aolani more books on DVD to watch and a sticker book. Ricky and I gave her another gift, The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein (my favorite book as a young kid).
  • Ricky and I went over to our friends' house one night after kids are asleep to play games and eat snacks ;) We played Pandemic, which is a fun, cooperative game where you have to band up to try and eradicate the world of diseases. Also, we had a lovely, newlywed couple over last week for dinner and a game.
  • Believe it or not, I went to a bridal shower alone one afternoon. That's right NO KIDS and no men! I put the kids down for naps, Ricky dropped me off, and his parents napped here while the kids napped. Over two hours of not being on kid duty. They all picked me up later before going out for sushi.
  • We are entering into a really busy month of hosting and activity. I have had to use my Google Calendar for the first time just for sanity's sake. I am making my meal plans for the next month, and that really helps me to feel prepared (food-wise) and ready for company.
  • Our dryer broke last week. Since the dryer was free, there is no warranty :( Appliance guy came this morning. Parts are ordered.
  • Aolani received a tea set from a friend last week. She is constantly sitting at the table and pouring the water from her water bottle into the little plastic tea cups :)
  • Still half and half probably for staying dry versus peeing in her bed during nap time.
  • Micaiah has taken a few more steps, but it is occasional. He practices balancing and standing unassisted frequently though (shifting toys and snacking). He figured out how step and down off things like the kiddie step stool or my wheelchair footrest.
  • Random note: We started cleaning (wiping) Micaiah's teeth with a baby washcloth at night before bed since he was about a year old.




Micaiah playing with his hammer and ball toy (a gift from his great-grandparents [Knights])
  •  Verse to memorize this week: 1 John 1:9 ~ If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.