Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Birthday P-artsy!

  • While I have our usual pictures and videos from the past week, I am going to post them in a few weeks and just focus on Aolani's third birthday this and next week. {Yes, our princess turned three yesterday!}
  • We can honestly say that she is one vibrant, lively, and sweet child; she has brought us so much delight! We have enjoyed each age so far. [I never thought I'd say this, but...] We love kids!
  • Micaiah took his first three steps just this afternoon! He was sidestepping but not holding on to anything (he was gripping a toy). Watch out...
  • I started participating in a (small) Bible study last week on Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts. Our pastor's wife brings it all here, so that I can join -- how wonderful is that?! And, we do it while the kids nap one afternoon a week. I haven't been in study like this with other women in over three years. [Julie, your kindness is overwhelming!]
  • A young girl from church knitted a Valentine's scarf for Aolani -- her first scarf, awww...
  • Ricky surprised me with gifts on Valentine's Day -- cupcakes, a love note in our love journal, and a gift certificate for a massage! I wasn't expecting a thing, just a low-key night with a movie and popcorn (which happened, too).
  • Starting last Monday, it was no more pull-ups during nap time. Eight naps later, and we are four dry for four wet. Also, we got her a booster seat to sit in at the table with us, and she has completely and adamantly rejected it. On her knees, is how she wants to sit in the chair.
  • Kid measurements: Micaiah -- 31" tall and 19.4 lbs; Aolani -- 36.5 " tall and 32 lbs.
  • Okay, on to the birthday weekend with my parents! They arrived with balloons, cupcakes, and a necklace and crown. She put on her princess dress. My mom graciously filled two bins with craft supplies for us (I had sent her a huge list of items I needed to make certain projects with Aolani, and my mom got it all!) Ricky and I gave her a Brain Quest for Toddlers. I had sent my mom a bunch of art activities to do with Aolani on Saturday, which she loved. And, it snowed on Saturday -- the kids loved it. Every time the cupcakes come out, Aolani asks us to light the candle and sing the birthday song ;) The cupcakes are gone now. [The video at the bottom is so good!]



Cutting snowflakes out of coffee filters
Cloud dough and drawing in shaving cream (we added food coloring and glitter for fun)




  • Verse to memorize this week: Hebrews 4:16 ~ Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.