Monday, November 8, 2010

Clap for Minty Fudge

  • As you saw in Friday's picture, Aolani can now stand alone. However, she is not yet pulling herself up onto her feet.
  • Her two front teeth broke through her gums last week.
  • Here is a simple, no-bake, 3-ingredient, semi-healthy fudge recipe we just made. We added two things: 15 drops of peppermint essential oil and nuts. WOW.
  • Keeping the romance alive - A couple years ago, Ricky and I decided to write each other love letters via a love journal. We write a short, encouraging note in it, hide it where the other will quickly find it, and that's it. Seriously, we only write in it about once a month, but it helps us to remember to affirm and compliment one another despite busy days. [With my handwriting failing, I'll probably just type and glue mine :)]
  • I made two new concoctions recently: diaper wipe solution (to spray on my cloth wipes) and foam soap. Contact me if interested in these easy recipes.
  • After watching my friend's baby clap, I realized that I had forgotten to teach Aolani this simple trick. I knew that her skill level was definitely up to par for it. I tried the first time, and she just stared at me and laughed. We went to the bathroom mirror for the second try, and she was copying me in no time! In fact, she claps a lot now - so sweet!

  • Verse to memorize this week: 1 Corinthians 15:58 ~ Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.