- Our weekend consisted of a lot of "entertaining" (hospitality) -- lunch with friends at a restaurant, lunch (we packed and shared) with another friend, a friend from another town came to visit one afternoon and see the kiddos for the first time, dinner for friends at our home, and a friend joined us for church. Whew! And, a neighbor joined us for dinner last night :)
- Upon arriving home after church on Sunday, Aolani ran to the bedroom, jumped into her crib, and demanded mee-mee wanting her nap one hour early! Something wore her out!
- We just cannot believe that Micaiah turned seven months old over the weekend! Everyone who holds him comments on what a chunk of lead he is. He is all over the place rolling (every which way) and rotating; he can get to whatever he wants wherever it is. When I open the bedroom door, he pops his head up to see me and just laughs with excitement. When I open his crib door, he dangles his arms out and peeks his head over the edge just giggling ;)
- Micaiah is not really liking the sweet potato anymore. So, I stirred in a little applesauce, and now, he devours it!
- Sunday evening, we let Aolani ding some wine glasses that contained different levels of water (to make different pitches), and then we broke out the food coloring... Oh, and the other weekend, Ricky balanced coupons on top of the ceiling fan blades in the main room before wee -- easy and fun enough to do again.
- Aolani refuses to let us dress her -- so, typically, her undies and clothes are inside out and backwards. She wants to wear sandals over her socks on the wrong feet. And, don't forget her sweater and raincoat and hat in the sweltering, summer heat!
- We thought that we had been in the tough toddler years for the past 14 months (when Aolani started walking) because, well, she could be stubborn and independent and selfish and just plain tough. But, we decided that toddlerhood has officially begun just now. All that stuff up until now was just a precursor. The past week or so... All I can say is B-R-A-T! Yesterday, she screamed at the top of her lungs for 30 minutes :( Yikes! Mind you, she is not like that in front of others, just Mommy and Daddy (I get the worst of it, of course).
Aolani is reading her potty book out loud to Micaiah here :)
- Verses to memorize this week: I am going to do it a little different this week. There are several verses I already know but do not know their references. So, I am going to add these to my quoting: James 1:19-20 ~ Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. James 4:8 ~ Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Hebrews 10:24 ~ And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, Proverbs 15:17 ~ Better a dinner of herbs with love than a fattened calf and hatred with it. Proverbs 16:18 ~ Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.