- Ricky taught Aolani the following joke once, and she picked it up right away (of course): "Daddy gas. Aolani gas. Baby gas. Mommy rip." Ricky finds this hilarious.
- Micaiah loves food. Since Aolani did not like food until she was one year old, this whole baby-feeding-eating thing is new to me. I mean, he dives for it. He grabs the spoon (or my finger) when it is even remotely close to his head to shove it in his mouth! I already feed him twice a day (small amounts though). Sweet potato, applesauce, pears, avocado, bananas... his favorite so far? The winner is avocado!
- Potty-training update: We had to bust out the pull-ups again for car rides. Oh, she has the bladder control. However, Aolani peed twice in her carseat last week -- retaliating against us. She wants something, doesn't get her way, and... yeah. It's her weapon now. Cute story: While we were at our pastor's house one evening, Aolani suddenly ran into the bathroom to pee but didn't call for Ricky. So, I told him to quickly go in to help her onto the big toilet. Lo and behold, he got to the doorway and found her sitting on the big toilet and taking care of business. We still have no idea how she got up there by herself and didn't fall in!
- Since Ricky got Independence Day off from work, we switched roles. I worked in the office all day, and he took care of the kids (bringing them to me to nurse) ;)
- I, finally, got to partake of a hot-stone massage last week (relaxing)! For Mother's Day, I had received a gift certificate for a one-hour massage from an older gentleman at church. What a kind gesture! We took Aolani to play at a friend's house during the appointment.
- Both of our parents (and Ricky's brother) were here this weekend for Micaiah's dedication at church. Pictures below show some of the activities --
Most of our evenings look like this -- I make sure Aolani doesn't kill Micaiah while Ricky prepares dinner
We finally brought out the $3 sprinkler my mom splurged on -- naked + backyard splash pad = the life (for a toddler and for Ricky)
at a lake (while Aolani does tan very well thanks to her olive skin, she did get sun-poisoning around her neck)
Entertainment under the umbrella (I somehow managed to get sunburned and Micaiah did not)
The testosterone quartet
Both of our families
Micaiah was able to wear the outfit my brother wore for his christening 30 years ago!
about to play Upwords with my mom
- The following pictures were taken over a month ago, but too good not to share :)
Our birthday dinner celebration
How we roll (Micaiah is in the sling on me)
Yep. We let our toddler ride next to bears in the car. She'll be fine (just ignore that worried look on her face). [Seriously, Ricky's family's dog looks a lot like the local black bears.]
on the Big Kids' swing
Aolani enjoys broccoli :)
- Verses to memorize this week (still going; I think this will be the final week for this cluster): Revelation 19:11-6 ~ Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself. He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. On his robe at his thigh was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords.