Thursday, July 26, 2012

Relieving...

  • Well, we have not let up on the hospitality but entertain guests every other night!
  • I don't want to write to much about this just yet, but we are doing freezer, crockpot meals for a month. One day of chopping = one month of dinners! I prepared all last week. An eager friend chopped Monday. Freezer is FULL. Dumped the first meal in the crockpot Tuesday morning. Once we work out the kinks, I'll share details :)
  • Measured kiddos -- Aolani is 35.5" tall and weighs 30.6 lbs. Micaiah is 27" long and weighs 17.2 lbs.
  • I meant to share this several months ago... If you are on the market for a diaper pail, then I have the Mack-daddy of them all! Seriously, it is super-duper fabulous -- no plastic but stainless steel (odor-free since plastic absorbs bad smells and eco-friendly), no special bags (just plain-Jane garbage bags, pays for itself after a few months), easy-to-open by sliding a tray on top (one-hand opening, no foot pedals), simple -- the Ubbi diaper pail. It trumps any I have ever used before.
  • Micaiah's mishaps: pulls the cord to play the wind-up, musical toy-owl hanging in his crib, has begun kicking the wall (by his crib -- thud!thud!), and enjoys wrestling with the Bobby hanging over his crib doors. I discovered a toe poking out of his sleeper the other day. Mr. Long Foot. So, I had to break out the nine-month ones. Sleep: We usually put Micaiah to bed by 7 p.m. (and then we eat dinner). At 6:30 p.m. he starts to make a ruckus and rub his eyes and shake his head because he wants to get his pajamas on and head that way to nurse :) He still doesn't have a wake routine at night (might wake once in the night or every three hours!). Everybody always said that he would sleep through the night once we fed him solids. He was sleeping 9-10 hours straight until we started feeding him, and now he wakes randomly to chug milk! Ha! Maybe, he just growing a lot or teething (I see his front teeth coming under his gums but haven't cut through yet). Food: Micaiah went six days without pooping last week -- poor fellow! Fed him prunes (hand mixer + prunes + water) for two days before he finally passed some hard, solid ones! I still feed him prunes every afternoon , and he has a bowel movement every day now :) I was not worried because I read that it was extremely common for babies to not go big potty for a week sometimes when starting solids because their systems are only used to digesting milk and not real food, so it may take some time for their bodies to "learn" how to digest food. He eats a fruit in the late-morning, prunes in the afternoon, and a veggie at night. We can add carrots, squash, and peas to his repertoire now ;)
  • Aolani's antics: loves to point out the semi-trucks we see while driving ("big ruckt" ;) ), her skin is already darker than mine, and... I guess I am a glutton for punishment, but we were having a 30-minute screaming, time-outs, spanking, biting, yada, yada, yada showdown the other day before nap time. I was trying to get her to go pee and put her pull-ups on for her nap. Somehow she got into her crib, crawled back to the corner so I could not reach her, and... peed (of course!). Instead of changing her sheets like we did the two times before she peed in her crib to retaliate, I shrugged my shoulders, took away her teddy bear for nap time, and made her nap in her crib with the wet sheets on. Let's just say, I don't think she will be doing that mess anymore! She's been much more obedient the rest of this week, albeit not perfect but better.
 Having a picnic and reading to her friends on our bed while I nurse the baby :)
  • Verse to memorize this week: Proverbs 16:32 ~ He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, he who rules his own spirit than he who takes a city.