Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Announcing a New Page {Scripture Memory}

I have added a new page to this blog called 'Scripture Memory'. Look up near the top of this blog, over towards the right. The following is my introduction to the page:

Here are all the Bible verses I have memorized since beginning this blog. They are written out (except for the whole chapters I quote) for my sake, if I need help jogging my memory. I will add a verse every week (or so) when I memorize a new passage.

Let me make this clear: this page has not been created to boast in the Scripture I know! I used to have this on my computer's desktop because I believed it was for my sake alone. However, I have decided to publicize this page in the hopes that it may spur on another to memorize Scripture and to encourage others to memorize whole chapters and books of the Bible because it is completely feasible (if I can do it, you can do it, too).

I do not have some unique mind that memorizes everything quickly or easily. I simply use one tool -- Repetition. I try to quote every verse I know out loud at least once a week (and, ideally, I repeat it to myself in my head another time that week). Also, I like to quickly skim this page to make sure that I did not skip any verses.

Why memorize Scripture?

Living off Real Food (dine with me, friends!),