Thursday, April 26, 2012

Up and Through

  • We now have a new game in our date night rotation, which we so enjoy: Upwords. Similar to Scrabble but more fun and challenging to us. If you like word games...
  • Measured the kiddos over the weekend: Aolani -- 29 lbs, 34.5" tall; Micaiah -- 13.5 lbs, 25" long.
  • One fun activity I did with Aolani was to put her on my lap and view baby pictures/short videos of her on my computer. She really liked it (didn't move a muscle, kept wanting more); although, I tried this before with her a few months ago, and she did not "get" it. I guess she is old enough now to understand.
  • We went to open new bank accounts last week. Micaiah came with us, and Aolani went to play with some friends. Anyway, typical baby days -- Micaiah exploded and needed an outfit change right as we are walking out the door, pooped again at the bank, and again upon arriving home! As of right now, he has not pooped in three days (I guess we need to go somewhere)!
 
  • Micaiah's mishaps: has suddenly become extremely noisy (vocal, babbling loudly and constantly), is now very distractable (we now have to nurse alone in the bedroom to get him to focus), loves to watch his sister and fusses when she leaves his field of vision, grabs his bibs and jerks them off the moment I turn my back, abhors being on his tummy (probably means he will not crawl -- early or for a long time before walking), slowly phasing in the use of the baby bands (and just using the sling for when he needs to nap on me), oscillates between three and four naps a day (a nap usually lasts a measly 45 minutes), and his favorite toys right now are: the foil protein bar wrapper, my water bottle, my hair, my watch, burp cloths, and a teething rattle that Aolani used.
  • Aolani's antics: favorite (and oft repeated) phrase "I do that", has mastered her fake laugh, says empty and reach and "Now, I get chocolate", and (a reluctant confession on my behalf) copied me yesterday saying "Now" and "Please honey" and "Stop it."
  • One morning we caught her gingerly holding two real eggs that she had gotten out of the unlocked refrigerator and feeding them to her donkey. [How did she carefully get them out of the egg carton without breaking them?]
  • We did two activities with her this past week: cleaning pennies (simple and frugal) and using a piece of fabric to create a hide-out (at first, I held it out to my side for her to walk through and then run through like a bull).
  • Verses to memorize this week: Romans 1:16-7 ~ For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes -- the Jew first and also the Gentile. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.”