Friday, April 13, 2012

Trip(ping)

  • I realize that this update is overdue, but I have a good reason. We traveled to my parents' home (a five hour drive that took us -- with two little ones -- eight hours, without stopping to eat!) for a five-day vacation (well, two days were driving, so more like three and some) to celebrate my birthday and Resurrection Day... I am so bummed that I did not post on Easter, as it is my favorite holy-day and the most important day EVER (Jesus conquering death so that I can live forever with Him)! But we were oh-so busy...
  • We spent almost every moment we could relaxing with family. My brother and sister-in-law have two girls about the same age as our kiddos -- yeah, toddler mania (but so much fun and so cute). Ring-around-the-rosies (which Aolani now plays with me or her teddy bear), egg hunts, food, sleeping late (woohoo for the grands), chess, movie, food, board games with friends, chase, swing sets, cookouts, thoughtful gifts, church, talking, listening, sunning, babies, naps, and food. My mom slaved in the kitchen to prepare my extensive menu requests (my favorite snacks, meals, and desserts that only she makes) -- what a woman!



  • Boy, Micaiah is growing! He will be four months old tomorrow. He is imitating sounds, drooling a ton (bibs!), spitting up much more than I like, reaching for a few things to grasp, keeps trying to sit up, and is way too happy :)
  • Big joy (and big day coming): Aolani is telling me every time she pees or poops after pretending to use the potty in the bathroom and then proceeds to climb up on the changing table herself wanting to be changed! It's shocking, I know. I think we are going to potty-train (take two) within a month.
 
  • Verse to memorize: Romans 15:5 ~ May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus.