Monday, December 6, 2010

What A Deer!

  • Welcome December and coats!

  • Aolani has a wide gap between her front teeth! CUTIE!
  • She went to the pediatrician last week -- healthy as can be. She measured in at 18.4 lbs and 27" long. The doctor suggested that we try rice cereal since the fruits and veggies were not going down. Well, the rice cereal didn't cut it either! Still choking and gagging. She's taking her time accepting solids, and that's okay by me.
  • I have now finished memorizing the book of Philippians! Now, it's eternal heart food :) Still contemplating my next similar undertaking...
  • Aolani's severe diaper rash from the blood in her stool on Thanksgiving Day has cleared up beautifully! We blended (by hand) a mixture of olive oil and arrowroot flour to make a paste for her bottom. It worked!
  • I went to the doctor last week for... compacted ear wax! I know, sounds gross! Apparently, it's not abnormal and explains why my right ear felt blocked. [I could hear the ocean when I cupped my hand over the ear.] All better -- instantaneously!
  • Ricky surprised us with a library book on baby sign language. She isn't signing back yet, but I still wish I had started implementing signs sooner.
  • Aolani and I celebrated the decorating of the Christmas tree in our deer-garb:

  • Verse to memorize this week: Philemon 1:8-9 ~ Therefore, although in Christ I could be bold and order you to do what you ought to do, yet I prefer to appeal to you on the basis of love.