Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pets and Play

  • We were out a lot this weekend: hanging out at a friends' house (outdoors so kids could run wild together and Ricky could get a haircut), field trip to the landfill (so kids can see where all stuff ends up), picnic in a park, family movie night, visited our friend's church, another picnic in a park, coffee shop...  
  • Our friend, Teresa, living with us just got a new job and started today! She will be commuting for the next few weeks before moving. 
  • Micaiah: called a granddaddy long-legs, spidersquito ; and, after I put him down for a nap and sang to him, heard him mixing two lines from different songs as he sang, "Don't say a word, Mama is here" ;)
  • Ricky and I went out last week to a movie while my friend babysat. They did nature walks, read, and did carnival-type games and races...



Knockin' down the lineup

Pumpkin cupcakes on Ricky's birthday the weekend before
Micaiah with our friend's bunny

The black one lives on our ceiling as our "pet" and the kids have each named him -- Boy-o and/or Harry



 

  • School verse: Proverbs 16:18 ~ Pride goes before... a fall.
  • Verse to memorize this week (again; too busy and just forgot): Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.