- Ricky had a really rough week with deadlines and working out-of-town, which means no-to-little sleep. So, everything was very relaxed and low-key so he could catch up on his rest. However, we did make it to an outdoor wedding -- simple and sweet to the core :) (And gorgeous weather, thank You!)
- Aolani's antics: sleepwalked one night for a little bit while Ricky and I were still up; she moved clothes around the house before sitting on the potty and crying...?
- The other day I heard myself say to Aolani, "You can't control what is not yours." I was convicted of how we sit in our little worlds trying to control everything/one in them, and yet none of it is ours. It is God's. Entrusted to us but not ours. His.
- We leave for vacation with all of my family this weekend to spend a week at a beach down South. I'll try to post this weekend before we leave, but then I'll take a week off.
Waiting to throw her rice for the wedding couple's sendoff
- School verse: Matthew 6:20 ~ Store your treasures in heaven where no moths or rust destroy.
- Verses to memorize this (and the following) week: Psalm 40:5-8 ~ Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare. Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but my ears you have opened— burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. Then I said, “Here I am, I have come— it is written about me in the scroll. I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.”