Thursday, May 14, 2015

Cheer-y-ing

  • The week has been normal and busy -- Teresa started her job, and the neighborhood kids have begun to gather in our backyard to play most every evening (which is a blessing and answer to prayer). Our weekend consisted of movie night, a football game, and Mother's Day (church, park/picnic, Bible study, and a low-key family evening of books, prayer, skyping, games... simple and sweet.
  • Oh, and I meant to mention that for Ricky's and my birthdays last month, all of our parents went in and got us a nice, big, portable dishwasher (it rolls around and has an extra wood-panel surface to use for more counter space)! It works great, and Ricky especially loves it ;)
 at their first football game (a local semi-pro team)
Mother's Day 2015 (Ricky's mom got the girls matching dresses!)
  • School verse: Ephesians 5:25 ~ Husbands, love our wives.
  • Verse to memorize this week (I'm going to work on Psalm 40 next): Psalm 40:1-2 I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.