Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Back Again

  • I have two weeks to catch up on...
  • After we spent a week at my parents' place, we went ahead and did a grandparent week. We left Aolani with my parents and took Micaiah with us. [That night we FaceTimed with Aolani. Micaiah was teary and desperate without his big sister; he told her, "Aolani, I miss you this day!"] The next day we met Ricky's family at a midway point to exchange the lover boy (he did fine leaving us but kept adoringly kissing my hand at lunch). Yep, we honeymooned at home for one whole week! We went to church, small group, court together (got to go to his work!), spent time with friends and had quality conversations, movie, games, a lot of work, sleeping past daybreak... ;) Meanwhile, the kids had a blast -- see slideshows below.
  • Last week involved the return of routine and daily life for our household. My friend Teresa returned, our green peppers were planted, more organizing, schooling  and reading restarted, crafts came back with painted flowers in our windows, a movie theater date night, church, small group, and Ricky's 31st birthday! For it, we had breakfast-foods for two meals, let him have alone time, had a movie marathon with the kids all day, Aolani quoted her verses for him (see previous post for video), ate pizza and cupcakes, opened presents, and some friends came over late that night to surprise him :) 
 Old picture from before Easter of 3 of the 4 girls who surprised me for my birthday :)
 Painting with wet chalk
"Daddy, Mommy and that's me riding a sea turtle!" -- Aolani
"Grandma and Papa on their wedding day" -- Aolani
  • School verses: Last week -- Proverbs 25:15 ~ Be patient and you will finally win.  This week -- Proverbs 12:22 ~ God delights in those who keep their promises.
  • Verse to memorize this week: Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.