Friday, April 17, 2015

Stories are Happening

  • We had a lovely trip -- full of celebration! Jesus' resurrection, our nephew's birth, and my 30th birthday :) We also visited with friends, went to the chiropractor, had game nights, saw Cinderella in the theater as a family (Micaiah's first time and Aolani's second), went through some boxes of my old saved stuff, and spent lots of time with family... I am going to have to catch up from leaving my parents' house and all this week's happenings on next week's mosaic.
  • Micaiah announced, "Happy Good Fries-day!"
  • Aolani made me a card before we left that read, "I luf u" ;)
  • Aolani asked on our long drive there, "How much longer until we get there?" Ricky answered, "45 minutes." To which she exclaimed, "That'll take forever!"
  • Aolani: "I have dressed everything; I have dressed everybody. I'm a fashion 'signer."
  • As we drove past the sewage plant (with the windows down), Micaiah told Ricky "I smell the beach now!" Ricky matter-of-factly replied, "Micaiah, that's poop."
  • "Triceratops, stegosaurus, bronchiosaurus… Who do you think named all these dinosaurs?" our friend questioned Micaiah. "Grandma."
  • Aolani: "I am so clever. When Daddy asks me to tell him cities, I say Africa, Ireland, England, and the United States."
  • Micaiah: "I so 'sited!"
  • The following pictures are from the week before we left:
Our first nephew -- Isaac Thomas

with half the crew on my surprise outing

washing Daddy's feet on Maundy Thursday
driving the "big truck"
  • Here are two slideshows from our trip:
  • Verse to memorize this week: Psalm 34:9-10 ~ Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.