Thursday, April 2, 2015

Reasons to Celebrate

  • We had a pleasant past week :) We spent seven hours (with the kids) one day cleaning out our storage unit -- skipped naps, took a picnic, took Legos... that the kids did not even play with until 20 minutes before we left ;) They wanted to play with everything else and be in the midst of the action, of course. Family movie night, church, small group that turned into fun with friends, and a surprise girls' night out in honor of my 30th next week. Four girl friends took me to the movie theater and then celebrated here with coffee cake and games. I felt humbled and loved :)
  • Yet, the best news... our first nephew was born on Monday morning -- Isaac Thomas! And he is already such a cutie :)
  • We are busy packing today to go to my parents' home for a week to celebrate Resurrection Day, meet baby nephew Isaac, and celebrate my 30th ;) So, this blog will be silent for a little while.
  • For Holy Week we made palms to take to church for Palm Sunday, did this awesome dying white flowers activity, are washing each other's feet tonight for Maundy Thursday, a few other things, and I made homemade Resurrection eggs for my little ones. [We also used Ann Voskamp's lent wreath and devotional.]
Fingerprint cross

Quiet time turned into nap time
At the storage unit
  • School verse: Proverbs 12:10 ~ A good person is concerned for the welfare of his animal.
  • I am memorizing Psalm 27. This week will be verse 11  Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the right path, for my enemies are waiting for me.