Thursday, March 19, 2015

In the Crevices

  • Ricky's parents visited over the weekend -- putting together furniture, family movie night, church, small group, restaurant, park... Simple and nice :)
  • Aolani said, "You have to go to the goats if you want a beard." ??!?
  • Micaiah's mishaps: I was teaching him a rhyme about himself -- "I am Micaiah Oliver DiMartino. I am three years old. My next birthday is December fourteenth, and then I'll be four." -- and he very excitedly gasps and proclaims, "Oh, me too!!!" ;); calls ciabatta bread 'Batta bread; and, we ran out of diapers and pull-ups by Monday evening, and he got up all by himself at 4:30 a.m. to relieve himself! It was so cute, and the first time ever he has gotten out of his bed by himself (while we are all sleeping). He turned on a bunch of lights and told us when he finished ;) He wet his bed the next night and kept dry last night... We celebrated with cookies after his first night. The next luring reward we told him is that if he can keep his bed dry for a whole month, then he gets to move into the bunk bed with Aolani :)
  • This is just a FYI health update. I began my "stagnancy phase" last October-November 2014, which is normal (everybody experiences it; we met our Romanian friend when she was having some setbacks). It is a very slow process and requires much perseverance and patience, but it does pick back up. Anyway, I unintentionally was off particulates for four weeks in January, and many of symptoms that had gone actually returned :( My body did not like that! Once I was on them again, most of those returning symptoms disappeared again after a week (all except two). RLS finally left again about three weeks ago; no recurrence yet. I am still unable to roll myself over in bed like I could (health improvement 6/14/14). Almost back to normal; hopefully, my cells will begin to respond and progress in healing more soon! Nothing is too difficult for God!
Micaiah loved painting his sword! (We painted wood this day.)
Even though this is an old picture, Aolani is still here -- creative and spunky :)
helping Grandpa and Daddy build
  • School verse: Proverbs 12:18 ~ Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing.
  • I am memorizing Psalm 27. This week will be verses 5-6  For He will conceal me there when troubles come; He will hide me in His sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. Then I will hold my head high above my enemies who surround me. At His sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy, singing and praising the LORD with music.