Thursday, March 26, 2015

Balls and Dates

  • The only event that wasn't a normal, weekly occurrence was that Aolani got to go on her first ever date -- Daddy-Daughter Date :) It was special -- getting a rose, a restaurant, a bakery, and a children's museum! While they were out having fun, Micaiah and I painted with marbles, napped, read, played outside...
  • I've been tackling some spring cleaning the past few weeks but still have some items on my list ;)
  • Micaiah's mishaps: stayed dry 6 out of the past 10 nights; when Ricky and Aolani were leaving, yelled, "I wanna go on Daddy-Daughter Date!"; held up a ruler and informed me, "I'm three inches"...
  • Aolani's antics: keeps exclaiming, "Our house is different!" (due to a lot of rearranging and other minor additions I've been doing); woke us the other morning by singing at the top of her lungs Mary, Did You Know?; has really begun to antagonize her brother; and, after I told her to get down off the couch, go wipe that smirk off your face, and come do school, she stomped off to the bathroom. I asked her where she was going, and she yelled, "To wipe my face!" ;)
Ready to go on "Daddy-Daughter Date"
Marble painting

Here is what I'm calling The Verse Ball Wall. This project has been a long time coming. These are all the verses that Aolani knows; so, I'll add a ball each week. We all love it! Surrounded by colorful polka dots and the Word! Aolani is beginning to read, and I wanted it up for that reason. [I used Microsoft Publisher, color printer ink, cardstock, a cheap laminator, and removable poster tape.]

at a local Children's Museum on her date with Daddy

a Sabbath rest
  • School verse: Proverbs 19:11 ~ A wise man restrains his anger.
  • I am memorizing Psalm 27. This week will be verses 7-10  Hear me as I pray, O Lord. Be merciful and answer me! My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” Do not turn your back on me. Do not reject your servant in anger. You have always been my helper. Don’t leave me now; don’t abandon me, O God of my salvation! Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close.