Thursday, January 29, 2015

Creative Expressions

  • It was a pretty normal week besides spending time with my dad visiting over the weekend, taking dinner to some friends for our kids to play and eat together (and meet her new baby boy), and my brother getting in a horrible car wreck yesterday that demolished his work van but left him with just soreness (praise God and thank you airbag workers!)
  • My mom just left earlier today to go to her home for a while, and my friend, Teresa, will return for a few months to help us.
  • Kid measurements: Aolani -- 37.8 lbs and 42" tall; Micaiah -- 30.4 lbs and 37" tall :)
  • We took the door off of Micaiah's bed to leave it open for him, and he loves his "new bed"! We are about to potty-train him at night this month, so this is step one.
  • I wanted to have more consistent consequences for bad behavior, so my friend told me about this If-Then chart. We got it and wrote in our own consequences; so far, so good :) [We also got the Brother-Offended chart and am trying to teach and practice the biblical model for forgiveness.]
  • Micaiah: "Micaiah, do you want to go eat pizza?" "Oh yes!"; whether it's after nap  or in the morning, he wakes up and runs to tell us, "I had happy dreams, I did!'"; when Ricky helped Micaiah do the pull-up bar and commented on Micaiah's strong muscles, Micaiah said, "I am big now, I have hair on my face and my body!" ;) ; when asked if he had any coughs or sneezing at church, replied, "I had.. what's this called," and then he makes a sniffing sound :) ; and, calls snot, "snat."
  • Here's Aolani's fashion designs this week --


  • School verse: Proverbs 3:12 ~ A father disciplines a son he delights in, to make him better.
  • Verses to memorize this week: Psalm 16:5-6 Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.