Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Healthy Home

  • I'm finally feeling about caught up from vacation and ready to tackle all my new to-do things and new projects :)
  • We started school back last week and are doing a bunch of extra activities everyday from Slow and Steady (we are months behind!)
  • Micaiah's mishaps: 1 -- We were talking about his solar system puzzle, and I told him that we live on planet Earth. He nodded, pointed around our house and said, "Yes, our home is called Earth!" 2 -- After dinner and games the other night, he said, "I'm tired. I can push this chair into the bedroom and turn the light off." He was going to put himself to bed! :) 
  • Aolani's antics: We were talking about four food groups (grain, dairy, meat, fruit/vegetable) and how we eat from these everyday to stay healthy and not get sick. At lunch I told her to tell Ricky about eating healthy, and she said, "Daddy, people eat healthy and still get sick." ;)

One of Micaiah's birthday presents
  • School verse: Proverbs 26:23 ~ Pretty words may cover up a wicked heart.
  • Verses to memorize this week: Psalm 16:2-3 ~ I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” I say of the holy people who are in the land, “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”