Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Straightening Up

  • Micaiah went to the doctor for an update last Friday and a good report. The spica body cast may come off in 2-3 more weeks, and a leg cast may replace it for the final weeks. Our days consist of my mom reading to Micaiah on her lap in the recliner while I try to do some school/activities with Aolani and watching a movie or show most evenings while my mom  prepares dinner. After dinner is Daddy-time!
  • Micaiah's mishaps: is constantly counting -- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (skips 1 and 2 every time); calls himself "Humpy Dumpy"; frequently yells Pee coming! or Poop now! (poor previously-potty-trained little guy); and, calls most colors "orangent" but not the actual orange color, of course!
Imaginets
My friend sent the above and below activities for the kids (thank you)

Foam hearts (stick with water)


"I'm a kitty-cat-doggie-dress-up-girl-princess-ballerina"


Grocery shopping with Grandma
Backyard picnic

  • The first physically-noticeable-to-others health improvement has been the increase in circulation and improved color in my lower extremities. [While I notice plenty more, they are things that you have to take my word for.] Also, most everyone that was in a wheelchair when starting Symptometry, on average took about 2 years to take their first steps. I've heard that the first year is very slow compared to the second year. And I hear that diseased genes are tough, doable but hard -- that's me. Let patience have its perfect work (James 1:4), right?! These pictures are not perfect but at least you can see Ricky's foot color is the same and is a good comparison. Picture on left is from September 2013 and picture on right is from this week --
  • Verses to memorize the next few weeks: Acts 20:22-4 ~ "And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."