Thursday, June 19, 2014

Books of All Sorts

  • It's been a pleasant week, although I did feel overwhelmed last Friday (friends, kids, money). I left the house last Saturday for the first time since Micaiah got his body cast. We went to a picnic with several other friends at the park with the splash pad and playground; Aolani got to play with a lot of her friends (and join Daddy while he played Bocce Ball). Then, I got to go out again the other day to see Disney's Maleficent (which I enjoyed) and visit the chiropractor! 
  • Last week, I started a Beth Moore Bible study with some girlfriends (not the video part though). I have not done one since becoming pregnant for the first time over five years ago. It's my fourth BM one, and I am already loving the focus and diligence it requires :)
  • Micaiah's mishaps: found duplos (big legos) and toy trains down the top part of his cast; am astonished by how much his speech has improved since being in a cast, which forces him to communicate more/better; frequently sings Broccoli...Celery... (from Veggietales); and, has learned to yell, "Poop now!" whenever he wants Grandma to hold him.
  • Aolani's antics: made Ricky an adorable booklet for Father's Day; called the bar between Micaiah's legs on the cast "a bone"... :)
  • What would we do without a library?? My mom and Aolani have to go every week to get a new batch of books for Micaiah. He is obsessed with books and reads each one multiple times a day! Toddler in cast = library books are a MUST HAVE!
Loves to pull himself on his side
The shoes on her hands are 'paws'
Wee widgit hat
Stirring colorful sand soup
A friend loaned him these trains, which he adores

A livestock raft
  • Verses to memorize the next few weeks: Acts 20:22-4 "And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships await me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."