Thursday, June 26, 2014

Alive and Going

  • Our past week: Nice and normal and social. Our small group did have our summer party, complete with a picnic, a water slide, a slip n' slide, a sack race, a three-legged race, and a pie-eating contest :) It was fun-filled, and Ricky was at the center of it! (Micaiah stayed home with Grandma.) [There's a video below, but it is sort of long.]
  • We removed the water filter from our faucet and installed a new water system the other week, called a Vortex Water Revitalizer. It supposedly restores the energy of lifeless water... Anyway, I am already seeing results from using it!
  • As anyone with little kids can relate, Frozen's song "Let It Go" has permeated our home. When Micaiah has to poop, let it go. When I have to pee, got-ta go. Aolani thinks this is hilarious... I can just see all the embarrassment this could cause -- sigh. Look what I've done.
  • Micaiah's mishaps: says his name is "Me-cay-ah" and his sister's name is "Ay-oh-wah-knee" :)
  • Aolani's antics: really enjoys mazes (like I ask her to do 2, and she does over 20 at one time!); and, loves to tell make-believe stories (that she invents as she is telling them, which means they are very imaginative and make no sense) ;)
enjoying this month of World Cup
I actually have two bookworms (and neither can read yet)
  • One more week to finish memorizing these verses: Acts 20:22-4 "And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships await me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."