Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Father's Love


In one of the many books I got to read on our beach vacation, a new insight came to light -- something I've never heard before.
For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her... ~ Ephesians 5:23-5
Now in all three of these verses the wife is analogous to... the church.

What is one of the church's main purposes? To express God's love to the world.

So one of the wife's primary functions should be... to convey to your children their father's love for them!

Lately, I have been trying to keep that in mind and to not hold so tightly to my 'convictions' of less screen time, less sugar, etc. when Daddy wants to do something with the kids that I'm not gung-ho about. My aim should be to encourage their bond and the demonstration of love (not to mention, keeping the peace). I can also do this verbally by talking about why Daddy goes to work or runs errands. Ricky loves his kids, and I need to make sure that message is being received!