Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Like a Tornado

  • Over the weekend we prepared a meal for Superwoman's family (since she just gave birth), welcomed a dear college friend for a 3-day visit, went to church, had a pizza/popcorn/Disney movie night with the kids, and stayed up way too late at night!
  • Ricky has to work out of county this week, so I have had friends come over to help with lunch (and dinner one night). We have had guests for dinner every night since Saturday, which is always fun :) Tomorrow is low-key, except that I'm participating in a free parenting webinar after the kids go to bed. We will have a family over Friday evening.
  • Ever since Superwoman birthed her baby girl (Leora), Gunny is no more. Instead, Aolani's teddy bear is now baby Sarah!
  • Aolani really enjoyed two of last week's activities. We pulled out all the apples to peel stickers off, wash, dry, and polish (rub). She was proud. I took a small, hand-held recorder around one night and took five-second recordings of about 10 different household noises (toilet flushing, clock ticking, running water...). Then, she had to guess each one. She loved this game, and I was shocked at how well she did! This week, I squirted globs of paint on paper, slid it into a Ziploc, and let the kids paint in the bag :)
  • And, I must say how I treasure when she wants me to watch her elegantly dance around in her skirts to certain songs.
  • Last Friday morning I came out of the bathroom to find a little fiasco -- the changing table moved, the diaper pail pulled off its stand and on its side in the middle of the room, and all of the dirty diapers strewn all across the floor like a torpedo got 'em. Yep, I was a little speechless from the shock. [I'll let you guess the culprit.] And that was right after she dropped poop on her white skirt but right before he blew a big one that dirtied his britches. It was a stinky morning ;)
  • Weird news: my right leg has been "locking-up" for over a week now, meaning that even when I am out of the wheelchair (like laying in bed) my leg wants to stay curled up and not stretch out. It hurts and sometimes I feel like a muscle might get torn when Ricky pulls my leg out. And then two days ago, I awoke to find my right foot suddenly pointing to 2 o'clock and tremoring (just like my left foot did for months after Aolani's birth). Not really sure what to do, but we are trying to make more of an effort to stretch my legs thoroughly every morning and have me stand every evening.




  • Verses to memorize for the month of June: Colossians 1:9-12 ~ For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.
  • ABC verse: Psalm 51:10 ~ Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.