Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Small and Funny

  • My mom was here last week, which is always a blessing! Our week, told in pictures, is below. My dad joined us for the weekend, and we went to the splash pad/park. We had a dear couple over for dinner, and we tried to play a game while the kids were still awake. The game took a good bit longer; I don't recommend that. Anyway, we also did a family movie night. 
  • Micaiah's mishaps: treats the stove handle like a pull-up bar, has begun to feed himself using silverware (and now there is no going back), obeys me somewhat (when I say no or ask him to do something)...
  • Aolani's antics: things she says lately are just so cute --
[pointing to the skirt I'm wearing] "Mommy, that's my skirt when I was a little girl!"
[runs and sits in her kitchen chair] "I'm waiting patiently."
[watches Daddy as he puts my earrings on me] "Daddy, I wear earrings?" Ricky: "When you grow up you might can." "When I grow up and get a wheelchair like Mommy I can wear earrings?" {cutest thing ever!!} 


The couch has become a car, and this tub is her teddy's car seat.
This boy loves to read
Micaiah goes down the slide on his belly, feet-first every time.

Aolani was warming up to the splash pad, but she was not as adventurous as she appears. Micaiah was scared to death.

Modeling her pretty new dress and lustrous, curly locks
We just did this activity yesterday, but it's simple and enjoyable for her.
  • Verses to memorize for the month of June: Colossians 1:9-12 ~ For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.
  • We are still getting down pat the 'C' verse: Psalm 51:10 ~ Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.