- Ricky's parents visited over the weekend, and we were on the go! We ran errands, ate at a scrumptious BBQ restaurant (and we only eat sides, no meat!), drove through the mountains (it was a beautiful day), enjoyed a (some of us contended that it was the best-ever) dining experience at a local food-only restaurant tucked away in Appalachia, went to church, and attended our small group's summer cookout (complete with a swing set, trampoline, and blow-up water slide for all the kids). It was fun; and, I got to do homemade baked beans in the crockpot for the first time :)
- Oh, and we learned that Appalachia is the most agriculturally, bio-diverse region in the western hemisphere because of the seed-saving...
- Micaiah turned one-and-a-half last week, so we measured the kiddies. They're both growing ;) Micaiah is 32" tall and weighs 21.8 lbs. Aolani is 38" tall and weighs 34.6 lbs.
- Must say -- Micaiah does the sweetest wave and cutest night-night announcement; and, Aolani cracks us up with her rooster call, "Cackle-doo-doo"!
- The first two pictures are from Ezra's birthday party two months ago:
- These are the current week's pictures:
I tried to make an "Authority Triangle" to use with Aolani (to show her how God has put us in authority over her, not vice versa, so she does not tell us what to do because that would flip the triangle). I magnetized the names, so that they can move around for a better visual. She doesn't get it yet, but it is cute (so I took a picture, ha).
- Verses to memorize for the month of June: Colossians 1:9-12 ~ For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.
- I am not enforcing a new verse every week. Instead, I have her repeat the ones she knows every day until she gets the new verse down pat, then a we'll add another one. We are still working on the 'C' verse: Psalm 51:10 ~ Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.