Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Living a Lively Life

  • Over the weekend, we had some friends over one night to watch some NCAA (via internet), eat pizza and popcorn, and play board games. Aolani always goes a little over-the-top around groups; she is such party-extrovert (she kept sneaking out of bed to see what we were doing for two hours after we put her down!). One of our friends spent the night, keeping us up until 3:30 a.m. talking ;) Also, we had a family over for dinner the next night, and Micaiah passed on his virus to four out of five of them --- yeah, we feel like losers :(
  • Speaking of this virus: Micaiah's vomiting only lasted a day, but his diarrhea is oh-so-steady (twice today). But, he did eat some solid food for dinner tonight, and his spirit seems to be returning. Sadly though, I think he lost a bit of weight :( Good thing we are going to Grandma's house for nine days (leave Friday), so that she can fatten him up!
  • My body started fighting nausea and lethargy yesterday; I could hardly talk, such was my energy (I could just lay my head on the kitchen table and close my eyes, with a barf bucket beside me). I went to bed when Ricky got home from work and slept 12 hours! This afternoon I started coming back and even ate a snack. So glad I never really got it (vomiting or diarrhea -- I really think oil-pulling helps me). We are going to travel with a bucket just in case it hits Aolani in the car! 
  • After I nurse Micaiah once he awakens from his naps, I put him on the floor to go play. He likes to first close his crib door before walking out the room -- cute! Ricky called today as he was leaving work, I put him on speakerphone to talk to Aolani and me. I hung up without letting Micaiah have a turn talking to Daddy, and Micaiah started crying. I called Ricky back, let the boys chat via speakerphone, and then Micaiah was happy as a lark!
  • So for a while now, I have been telling (and showing) Aolani that she can start wearing thin panties versus her thick undies once she stops peeing in her crib during naps (seven dry days in a row). Well, we had five dry days in a row, I am getting excited, and then she peed during Monday's nap. The last two days were dry. Panties are coming soon, I hope.
  • As we are leaving in two days for our trip to visit my parents, I'll take a week off from posting.


  • Verses to finish memorizing this week: 1 Peter 5:6-11 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.