Friday, March 22, 2013

Dancing Diva

  • Our weekend was full of people -- dinner with a new neighbor (we are so excited to have a sweet, friendly, helpful neighbor; she is single, has two dogs, is oh-so talented/has many skills and jobs, is good with kids, plays games, just a perfect neighbor for our family), a wedding (could not get Aolani off of the dance floor; she was livin' it up), our church small group gathering, dinner with friends (Ezra's family), two nights of "just us", and then yesterday.
  • Micaiah got some tummy virus that has had him throwing up all day (and some diarrhea too). I kept waiting for Ricky to come home for lunch to help (towels on the floor covering vomit, the house reeked of acid, Micaiah was naked and sick and nasty, and I was getting weary). He didn't show but called right before nap time saying that the judge decided to work through lunch :( So, I called my dear friend, Superwoman, to come to my rescue, and she did -- open windows, mop floors, and just give me a time to collect myself and laundry! Micaiah has been sleeping a lot, is cuddly, is a little feverish, and no more vomit (just lots of diarrhea).
  • Aolani's antics: frequently washes the little play cars in the bathroom sink, says no way (didn't get it from us?), while wrestling with Daddy and Micaiah said hey buddies, answers I love you too after we say "I love you", while snuggling with us on the bed before sleep she suddenly got up and said Love you guys but I got to go to work and left, and (a first!) she got up during her nap yesterday and went to the potty to pee! I caught her doing real imaginary play for the first time a few weeks ago; she was feeding pigs that were invisible her refrigerator magnets. I ordered some slotted clothespins that came a few days ago. Once we opened them, she got two out and said with amazement and delight Drumsticks! A surprise for me! (she has a small drum but no sticks.)
Aolani would park herself in front of the fruit trays and go at it! The buffet table and the dance floor, back and forth, back and forth...
  • Verses to memorize this week and the next: 1 Peter 5:6-11 [I already quote verses 7, 8, and 10; so, I am just filling in the gaps in order to know this whole passage.] ~ Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.