Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekly Bits

  • Sad to say that I have terrible pregnancy brain lately. Can't complete a thought or conversation. So, I forgot to take pictures this week :(
  • I am hoping to post the few ways in which we are celebrating Advent and this Christmas holy-day later this week.
  • Pregnancy: One week away from due date. My OB doctor said at last week's appointment that he thought I would be at this week's appointment. I have gained a whopping 32 lbs now, and I am 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. According to my belly's measurement, I am on track for a 7.5-8 lb baby. My echocardiogram was normal -- good heart :) Oh, and we do have someone to call that will come watch Aolani while we race to the hospital for labor and delivery. Once my parents arrive, they will get Aolani and bring her to the hospital to join us.
  • A really good article on vaccines and children: here.
  • Aolani's bedtime routine: We pick up toys, change diaper and put on jammies, brush teeth and wash hands, read one book, read Bible, sing one song, pray, and nurse (lights out now). This is what we strive for anyway.
  • Storytime: Ricky shouts, "Go Tebow!" to the jersey-wearing man walking by us in a parking lot. He laughs. Aolani quickly earns the attention. We start talking, for real -- not about the weather. He loves Jesus and is a fan of Dr. Mercola, too. Dr. Randy is a dentist about to move out West to go to school to become a Doctor of Naturopathy. He warns us of the horrors of mercury and fluoride. We tell him that we already got all of our mercury fillings removed and replaced (because the poisonous heavy metal can slowly leak into your system to cause severe damage) and that we avoid all fluoride (we make our own toothpaste and use a water-filter that removes fluoride). Anyway, he revealed how suicidal he had gotten from working with mercury fillings and how another dentist in the USA who did the same killed himself. He said the dental industry denied it all and tried to cover it up. Then, he realized he had to get out. Ricky and I knew this (knowledge-wise), but it was still shocking to hear someone's first-hand experience. All this from a Tebow jersey.
  • Verses to memorize this week: Romans 8:37-9 ~ No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.