Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Bottomless Pit

  • Aolani got her first "haircut" from Grandma over the weekend. Basically, we just took an inch off the bottom because it looked like a mullet to me!
  • Aolani is into any and everything -- there is always something every day! I can hardly keep up. We had to remove her toy station, rearrange the family room, add locks to the refrigerator, laundry room, hall closet... She broke the bathtub faucet... It never settles down here ;)
  • Pregnancy: I am over 38 weeks... waiting... having my weekly OB appointments. I felt some minor contractions yesterday. Aolani has a new crib that she crawls into and swings out of -- so cute! The elevated crib is in the family room, so that Micaiah can nap and nurse out where the girls are during the day. He will sleep with us in our bed at night. The changing table is already out in the family room. Not crazy about the family room arrangement, but we are working on it.
  • Potty-training Update: I want to keep this brief. Basically, Aolani was doing well enough the past week, even with company. However, I had some realizations earlier this week that made me cave and put her back in diapers yesterday. I know -- it's sad for us to give up all that progress. While there are many smaller reasons, there are two big ones. One, she is just physically too small. Right now, when she poops (I hear her) and rush to the bathroom to wipe her little rear myself because she cannot reach either way. If I am caring for Micaiah when she poops, I cannot help her in the bathroom. I don't think she will grow longer arms in two weeks ;) Two, Aolani can pull her pants up and down now but refuses to if she has to potty. She always goes in her pants, despite the wetness and practice... So, she was still bottomless. I was watching her like a hawk, not really enjoying her, and stressing myself. Ricky emphasized the importance I need to place on my peace. Simply put, it's bad timing, and we didn't anticipate a lot of this. So, we will try this method again later on when she is bigger, more verbal, and listens to Mommy (if that day comes!). Someone asked me if Aolani was potty-trained now, would it help me? I don't mind changing two little ones' diapers at all; it was more a money issue. Oh well.

  • Verses to memorize this week: Romans 8:34-6 ~ Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”