Saturday, December 31, 2011

Microwaving the Mate


"We try to microwave our own answers instead of trusting God's timing... If you seek answers you won't find them, but if you seek God, the answers will find you..." ~ Mark Batterson
This quote grabbed my attention. If you substitute the word "mate" for the word "answers," then it reminds me of what I often tell people that are yet unmarried. It also hits home for me.

Short and sweet --
I wanted to find the one God had for me. Every time I found someone that I thought would work, [guess what?] we did not work. Frustrating. But, when I just focused on knowing Him, He brought Ricky my way. And Ricky definitely did not fit the bill of what I thought worked for me; our Father certainly is humorous, huh?! {Not that seeking God is just a facade for trying to get Him to hurry up and give you what you want, in this case a mate, or that His will is for us all to be married.} Basically, I tell people that when I went looking for the right one, I only found wrong ones. But, when I focused on the Right One and stopped looking, He brought the right one to me without me even looking!

Bottom line: He just wants us to love Him unashamedly, pursue Him recklessly, trust Him securely, and know Him intimately. Bring to Jesus all your needs and wants. Lay at His feet. Hear His voice, follow His lead, and obey. Let Him do the orchestrating.